“The Parent’s” (1.5 to 2.0 hours) class is an informative update and reminder on the topics covered in the kids and teen classes.
The information on bullying, stranger awareness, pedestrian safety, Internet safety
and distracted driving are all areas that we as parents need to stay informed on.
This class will give you some insight into indicators that may present themselves if your child is having difficulty in these areas. As overseers of our children’s safety any information we can gather will help us guild our families.
Parents, Did You Know?
Children & Sexual Solicitation
- Only 25% of children who encountered a sexual approach or solicitation told a parent or
adult – Crimes Against Children Research Center
- One in 33 (1/3) youth received an aggressive sexual solicitation in the past year. This means a predator asked a young person to meet somewhere, called a young person on the phone, and/or sent the young person correspondence, money, or gifts through the U.S. Postal Service. — Your Internet Safety Survey
Children & Bullying
- Though too many adults still see bullying as “just part of being a kid,” it is a serious problem that leads to many negative effects for victims, including suicide.
Children & Cyber Bullying
- More than 1 in 3 young people have experienced cyber threats online
- Well over half of young people do not tell their parents when cyber bullying occurs.
- 71% of teen girls and 67% of teen boys who have sent or posted sexually suggestive content and say they have sent/posted this content to a boyfriend/girlfriend.
Teens & Distracted Driving
- In 2012, 3,328 people were killed in crashes involving a distracted driver, compared to
3,360 in 2011. An additional, 421,000 people were injured in motor vehicle crashes
involving a distracted driver in 2012, a 9% increase from the 387,000 people injured in
We travel to your location. There is a minimum fee of $600 for a private class with 10 or less participants (travel expenses outside the greater Phoenix area will be added). The fee is $20.00 per parent, with a minimum of 40 participants. If both parents attend the cost is $35.00, per couple. More than 40 participant will be discounted, please call for pricing.