I really don’t want to scare the heck out of parents, BUT if you are sending your daughter off to college PLEASE PREPARE THEM. This information comes from the CDC.
- 1 in 5 women (20%) will be sexually assaulted while at college.
- Most college victims are assaulted by someone they know.
- 42% of college women who are raped tell no one about the assault.
- It is estimated that only 5% of sexual assaults on college campuses are reported, making sexual assault the most underreported crime.
- Rape results in about 32,000 pregnancies each year.
- 4 out of 5 rape victims subsequently suffer from chronic physical or psychological conditions.
- Campus perpetrators are often serial offenders.
- Rape survivors are 13 times more likely to attempt suicide than are people who have not been victims of a crime.
S.TA.R. CONCEPTS has the classes to prepare your Daughter(s) for a safe passage while they are at college.